Thursday, October 15, 2009

it's complicated



How can this one moment make me feel so many emotions?
First, and most pure, happiness.
Second, guilt. A part of my mind actually belittling that first, most pure part of my mind for feeling that tiny spark. That first part of my mind feeling like it shouldn't have felt that about some dumb mug with some dumb tea on some dumb rainy day.
Third, confusion. I just wanted some tea. And I became happy. And now I feel confused.
Fourth, introspection. And here's where I try to figure out what brought me to this point. Why did my brain take this tiny act to such a level? Does it have a greater application to my life? What does the fact that I am even thinking these thoughts say about me? It's amazing, because I feel like for each thought I grasp, I lose nine because my consciousness moves so quickly.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You are feeling in the moment...a beautiful thing, in and of itself.